Instructor-led Course (max 20 participants)
Duration: 1 Day
Facility: Microsoft Innovation Center Torino “Training Lab”
This course is a summary of the "Windows® 10 & Internet of Things" official Microsoft course. It is designed with alternating pieces of theoretical and practical workshops to enable participants to consolidate with a direct exercise of the theoretical concepts gradually acquired. The course will enable the participants to become familiar with the operating system and with the tools necessary to build the O.S. image, to use the services offered by the “Azure IoT Suite”. In details: IoT Hub, Stream Analytics, etc. Furthermore, we will go in depth on topics such as safety, production, management and updating of distributed devices.
This course is intended for the system integrators within OEM organizations who are responsible for building and configuring the Windows® 10 IoT Core operating system for different devices, for the software architect of centralized and distributed IoT solutions.
09.00 Welcome and course presentation
09.30 Windows 10 and the Internet of Things
10.30 Windows 10 IoT Core
11.00 Coffee Break
11.15 Lab: WICD and the image generation
12.00 Azure IoT Suite
14:00 Lab: First demo from device to cloud
15:30 Coffee Break
15:45 Lab: Second demo from device to cloud
16.30 Managing, updating and maintenance
17.00 Questions and answers
This course is designed to meet the needs of the participants to obtain as quickly as possible the most relevant information.
To achieve this, participants’ collaboration is required:
- Each participant has to bring with himself a Windows 10 PC (1607) with a set of tools installed:
- Windows ADK for Windows 10;
- Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition Update 3;
- The last version of the Windows SDK;
- Windows 10 IoT Core Dashboard;
- Windows IoT Remote Client;
- Azure Device Explorer;
- Microsoft Azure Storage Explore;
When the course will be activated, we will send an email to each registered with detailed instructions of what to install and where to find the needed tools.
We will provide:
- A target device (es: Rasberry Pi 3 fully setup for the lab needs);
- Sensors and HW devices (es: GHIElectronics FEZHAT shield);
- Azure account;
NOTE: The tools listed above are essential in order to execute the labs on their own PC and some of these tools have a time for installation (e.g. Visual Studio) incompatible with the time available during the course.
This course requires that students meet the following prerequisites:
- Proficiency using the Windows Interface.
- Proficiency using the Visual Studio environment.
- Good knowledge of .NET (C#)
- A base knowledge of hardware devices like sensors, LEDs, etc.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Use Windows® 10 IoT Core tools: WICD, etc.…
- Describe the deployment process of an operating system image.
- Describe the deployment process of an application from the development to the debugging phase on the Windows IoT Core target.
- Describe the services and functionalities provided by the Azure IoT Suite.
Microsoft Certification exams
This course is the best starting point to prepare the Technical Specialist Official Exams: at the moment, there is not any exam on this topic.