Instructor-led Course (max 10 participants)
Duration: 1 Days
Type: SMART course
Facility: BEPS Engineering “Training Lab”
This course is a summary of the official Microsoft "Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise". The course is designed with alternating pieces of theoretical and practical workshops to enable participants to consolidate with a direct exercise of the theoretical concepts gradually acquired. The course will enable the participants to become familiar with the operating system and with the tools necessary to build the O.S. image. They will learn which are the typical functions of the embedded world: Lockdown, Branding, promoting an application as “System Shell” and customizing the system, what are the deploy procedures and which methods can be used to update and maintain the O.S. in field.
This course is intended for the system integrators within OEM organizations who are responsible for building and configuring the Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise operating system for different devices.
Agenda (Smart course)
09.00 Welcome and course presentation
09.30 Windows Embedded/IoT – General Introduction
10.00 Windows 10 IoT Enterprise features
10.30 Coffee Break
10.45 Lab: Build an image from DVD/ISO
Lab: Tools Installation on VM
Lab: WSIM and image updating
14:00 Sysprep and Image cloning
Lab: Image Generalizing
Lab: Image capturing and applying
15:00 Embedded Features
15:30 Coffee Break
15:45 Lab: Run-time configuration
17.30 Image updating and maintenance
17.45 Questions and answers
This course is designed to provide a rapid and effective update to those who already have the knowledge of the Windows Embedded / IoT environment and want to experiment, with an expert guide, the new development environments and the new tools of the latest version of Windows 10 Iot Enterprise LTSC 2019.
To achieve this in a single day, participants’ collaboration is required: each participant has to:
- Download packages and tools that will need during the course;
- Install them on the PC that will bring at the course classroom;
- Execute some exercises in the environment installed.
When the course will be activated, we will send an email to each registered participant with detailed instructions of what to install and where to find the needed tools.
This course requires that students meet the following prerequisites:
- Proficiency using the Windows Interface.
- Proficiency knowledge of the chosen virtualization tool (VirtualBox).
- A minimum knowledge of one of the previous Windows Embedded environments
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Use Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise tools: Win-PE, ADK, WSIM, DISM, etc.…
- Describe the deployment process of an operating system image.
- Describe the Embedded Features of Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise: Lockdown, Shell customization, etc…
Microsoft Certification exams
This course is the best starting point to prepare the Technical Specialist Official Exams. At the moment, there is not any exam on this topic.