Mission: From Embedded Systems to Internet of Things (IoT) and Internet of everything (IoX)
BEPS Engineering was born in 2006 to offer its customers products and services in IT environment and, in particular, inside the Embedded System ecosystem. During these years, BEPS has improved its offer in some fields very close to Embedded, IoT and IoX:
- CLOUD solutions: Microsoft Azure;
- Personal portable systems (smartphone, phablet, tablet, terminal, PDA, etc...)
For Embedded Systems we mean products that are designed and distributed in function of precise goals as opposed to open systems, typical of Personal Computers and others, that are offered with the possibility to install and/or use many diversified applications.
Examples of embedded systems are:
- Industrial control systems (scales, monitoring, measurement, ticket machines, etc ...)
- Kiosks (ATM, POS, information, advertising, payments of different ticket machines, etc ...)
- Medical systems (control equipment, radiographers, cardiographs, ultrasound, etc ...)
- Industrial automation systems (assembly robot, production strip control, access controls, etc ...)
- Mobile equipment (navigation, entertainment devices, communication devices and control of mobile equipment, etc ...)
BEPS has continued improving innovation on designing and building "Embedded systems" and has added new experiences in designing and building APPs for all above-mentioned areas. Above all, BEPS is involved in delivering cross-platform APPs for the major operating systems of the moment: Windows, iOS and Android.
Most of BEPS engineers have more than 15 years of experience in Embedded Operating Systems, real-time applications, LAN and communication protocols. They have been Microsoft Windows Embedded Partner since 1998. More recently, we add more experiences for what concerns CLOUD, sensors, wearables and cross-platform APPs.
- In 2014, “Immotionar” was born. It is a new business unit on emerging technologies, focused on virtual reality.
- In 2013, BEPS starts selling Sense3-Intelligent Digital Showroom: an IoT solution for advertising and more. Sense3 is based on embedded systems, CLOUD, tablet and sensors;
- In 2013, BEPS becomes Microsoft Embedded Gold Partner;
- In 2012, the project µCloud starts. µCloud is an IoT solution to manage, control and service agricultural devices from cloud;
- In 2012, BEPS is the EMEA Excellence Award Winner for Community Leadership again for the second consecutive year;
- In 2012, BEPS starts developing and delivering APPs on Microsoft Windows Phone 8 and cross-platform solutions also on iOS and Android;
- In 2011, the project Golden-Infra starts. Golden-Infra is a project based on Intelligent Systems and Cloud;
- In 2011, BEPS starts developing and delivering solutions on sensors like Microsoft Kinect;
- In 2011, BEPS starts developing and delivering solutions on Microsoft Azure Cloud;
- In 2011, BEPS is the EMEA Excellence Award Winner for Community Leadership;
- In 2010, BEPS starts developing and delivering APPs on Microsoft Windows Phone 7 (just released);
- In 2009, the project ATLAS starts. ATLAS is a project based on a “mobile” solution;
- In 2009, Beppe is the World Best Metro Embedded Trainer;
- In 2008, BEPS is the EMEA Excellence Award Winner for Training;
- In 2007, BEPS becomes Microsoft Official Trainer Partner;
- In 2007, BEPS becomes Microsoft Embedded Silver Partner;
- In 2006, BEPS starts its activities inside the I3P (the Innovative Enterprise Incubator of the Politecnico of Turin.